You are viewing an archived web page captured at 10:03:41 Apr 03, 2018, which is part of the National Records of Scotland Web Archive. The information on this web page may be out of date. See all captures of this archived page. Archived web pages you visit here may leave cookies in your browser. These are not owned, controlled, or used by NRS. NRS do use cookies, including Google Analytics, to monitor site usage and performance. These can be managed in your browser settings. Find out more about cookies.
Loading media information

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman

Call us on 0800 377 7330

Once you have gone through the organisation's complaints procedure, you can ask us if we can look at it. You should make your complaint to us in writing. It is best to use our SPSO complaints form to do this.  You can make your complaint online, contact us for a form (contact details below), or download a paper version here (PDF, 71KB).

When returning your form, please send copies of the relevant paperwork, in particular the final response you received from the organisation. Tell us what went wrong, and what you would like to happen to put things right.

For information about what happens when we receive your complaint, you can read our leaflet Your Complaint at the SPSO (PDF, 220KB)

When we receive your complaint, it is likely that we will be required to contact the organisation you have complained about. If you would like to discuss this, or any other part of our process, please contact us.

You can get copies of any of our leaflets by phoning us or visiting this link: http://www.spso.org.uk/leaflets-and-forms

Contact us

  • Freephone adviceline 0800 377 7330 or call 0131 225 5300
  • Online form www.spso.org.uk/online-contact
  • In person 4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS (see a map)
  • By post Freepost SPSO (this is all you need to write on the envelope, and you don't need to use a stamp)
  • Fax 0800 377 7331

Read our accessibility information: accessibility

Updated: November 16, 2017