Historic Environment Scotland offers a stimulating and varied work environment, wherever you’re based. Each of our locations has its own particular attractions, but our entire organisation is engaged in the same worthwhile and exciting agenda.
In the face of threats like climate change, we strive to protect and promote Scotland’s historic environment for current and future generations to enjoy. Our employees can make a real difference to how well we manage to preserve the nation’s most precious assets.
As an equal opportunities employer, we aim to employ a diverse workforce and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities. We welcome applications from all sections of society and work hard to help our staff make the best use of their skills and abilities.
We are a Living Wage accredited employer.
Find out more about our Equal Opportunities policy.
Find out more in our Equality Outcomes and Mainstreaming Report.
We aim to employ a workforce that reflects, at all levels, the diversity of society as a whole. All our permanent staff are recruited through fair and open competition. In most circumstances, we also employ short term posts through fair and open competition. We take care to assess the impact of our policies on race, religion and belief, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation and age equality. All of our recruitment is governed by the Office of the Civil Service Commissioners Recruitment Code.
Historic Environment Scotland (HES) Values
- Collaborative - We work closely and in an inclusive way with others to achieve shared goals
- Professional - We strive for excellence in everything that we do
- Innovative - We are forward-looking and creative, encouraging and embracing change
- Open - We are transparent in our business and in our relationships
- Respectful - We acknowledge that what others have to say is of importance and value