9.1 There are a number of existing guidance documents and codes of practice relating to the appointment of board members and the use of positive action. The guidance on the operation of the Act has been drafted to align with these.
- The Ethical Standards Commissioner – 2013 Code of Practice and Revised Guidance on Application of the 2013 Code of Practice;
- The Ethical Standards Commissioner– Diversity Delivers;
- The Scottish Code of Good Higher Education Governance;
- College Sector Board Appointments: 2014 Ministerial Guidance;
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission – How to improve board diversity: a six step guide to good practice;
- The Equality and Human Rights Commission – Appointments to Boards and Equality Law guidance;
- Scottish Government Public Bodies Unit – Guidance on Succession Planning for Public Body Boards.
9.2 The Ethical Standards Commissioner will update their Guidance on the Application of the 2013 Code of Practice in order to reflect the requirements of the Act.