Ash Regan was reappointed as the Minister for Community Safety in May 2021.
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Justice and Veterans.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Community safety
- Civil Law and Tribunals
- Anti-social behaviour
- Legal profession
- Legal regulation
- Access to Justice
- Legal Aid Fund
- Scottish Law Commission Bills
- Strategic Approach to Women in the Justice System
- Violence against women, prostitution and misogynistic harassment
- Control of dogs including review of the Dangerous Dog Act
- Alcohol licensing
- Human Trafficking
Ash Regan was formerly Head of Campaigns and Advocacy for Common Weal Scotland.
She studied International Relations at Keele University in Staffordshire, and Development Management at the Open University.
Ash, who grew up in Biggar and Devon, was elected as MSP for Edinburgh Eastern in May 2016.