The Programme for Government is published every year at the beginning of September and sets out the actions we will take in the coming year and beyond.
It includes the legislative programme for the next parliamentary year to drive forward change across all levels of society.
Programme for Government 2021 to 2022
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has set out A Fairer, Greener Scotland: the Programme for Government for 2021 to 2022.
- follow our #scotpfg updates on Twitter
Twelve bills are set to be introduced during the parliamentary year 2021 to 2022:
- Annual Budget (No.1) Bill
- Bail and Release from Custody Bill
- Coronavirus (Compensation for Self-isolation) Bill
- COVID Recovery Bill
- Fireworks and Pyrotechnics Bill
- Fox Control Bill
- Gender Recognition Bill
- Good Food Nation Bill
- Miners’ Strike Pardon Bill
- Moveable Transactions Bill
- National Care Service Bill
- Non-Domestic Rates COVID-19 Appeals Bill
Two bills will continue their parliamentary scrutiny:
- Carer’s Allowance Supplement Bill
- Transvaginal Mesh Removal (Cost Reimbursement) (Scotland) Bill
Watch a video summarising the main actions from the 2021 to 2022 Programme for Government.
Watch a video explaining what the Programme for Government is.